Tuesday 12 February 1935
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Ruggles of Red Gap, directed by Leo McCarey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 February 1935!
Which were the important events of 12 February 1935 ?
- United States - Lincoln's Birthday (traditionally).
- Saint Alexis of Moscow
- Saint Benedict of Aniane
- Red Hand Day
- Darwin Day.
- National Freedom to Marry Day (unofficial).
- Georgia Day in the U.S. state of Georgia.
- Saint Damian of Alexandria
- Gene McDaniels: American vocalist/bandleader/actor (Young Swingers).
- Ken Still: Golfer.
- John Quimby: American politician who served on the San Bernardino, California city council; as a Democrat in the California State Assembly 1962-1974; and as a lobbyist for San Bernardino, California and Riverside, California.
- Auguste Escoffier: French chef and author (d. 1935).
- Great airship, USS Macon, crashes into Pacific Ocean.
- USS Macon, one of the two largest helium-filled airships ever created, crashes into the Pacific Ocean off the coast of California and sinks.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 12 February 1935 and get them!