Friday 8 February 1935
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Vincent Weir third baron Inverforth Scottish and Willy Van Nitsen.
Si j'étais le patron, directed by Richard Pottier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1935!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1935 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Vincent Weir third baron Inverforth Scottish: shipping magnate.
- Willy Van Nitsen: Belgium sport Champion.
- Max Liebermann: German-Jewish painter and printmaker, who is known for his naturalistic studies of the life and labour of the poor.
- 1st NFL draft; Jay Berwanger of University of Chicago is 1st pick (by Eagles) He never plays in NFL
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 February 1935
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?