Monday 12 January 1925
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
As Man Desires, directed by Irving Cummings, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while Soundings by A. Hamilton Gibbs was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1925!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1925 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Georges Perron: French Catholic prelate, ordained a priest on 29 June 1951.
- Gabriel Vanel: French ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic Archbishop who was ordained into the priesthood on June 29, 1949.
- Scottie MacGregor: American actress.
- Bill Burrud in Hollywood: California, USA; host (Safari to Adventure, Animal World).
- Laurentiu Profeta: Composer.
- Bodil Udsen: Danish actress (d. 2008)
- Bill Burrud: American television host producer and actor (d. 1990)
- Katherine MacGregor: American actress and dancer
- Jean Marty: French billiard champion.
- Arnoldo Martinez Verdugo: Mexican socialist politician and democracy activist. A long-standing leader of the Mexican Communist Party and the Unified Socialist Party of Mexico (PSUM), Martínez promoted political self-criticism, refused to support regional guerrilla movements, condemned the Soviet invasion of Czechoslovakia and promoted the unification of the political left.
- Oskar Brefeld: German botanist, dies at age 85.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1925 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Rose-Marie - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Somebody Loves Me - Marion Harris
- The Pal That I Loved (Stole the Gal I Loved) - Lewis James
- Tell Me, Dreamy Eyes - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 12 January 1925 and get them!