Tuesday 12 January 1926
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Sea Beast, directed by Millard Webb, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while The Private Life of Helen of Troy by John Erskine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1926!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1926 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Leopold Schaeken: Belgium sport Champion.
- Morton Feldman: American composer and academic (d. 1987).
- Andrew Laszlo: Hungarian-American cinematographer (d. 2011).
- Ray Price: American country-western singer; still actively touring the country with his "Cherokee Cowboys," appearing on TV, and in fine voice at 71.
- Sir Austin Chapman: Australian politician (Born 1864).
- The two-man comedy series "Sam 'n' Henry" debuts on Chicago's WGN radio station. The creators and the stars of the new radio program are Freeman Gosden and Charles Carrell.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?