Friday 9 January 1925
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Abdelhamid Benhadugah and Robert Barbagelata.
As Man Desires, directed by Irving Cummings, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1925!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1925 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Abdelhamid Benhadugah: Novelist.
- Robert Barbagelata: American politician, the San Francisco City Supervisor in the 1960s.
- David Raphael: French film executive, the founder of Cambridge Film Group and president of an international creative management film marketing company, 1979.
- Lee Van Cleef: One of the great movie villains, Lee Van Cleef started out as an accountant.
- Len Quested: English footballer and manager (d. 2012).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1925 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- All Alone - Al Jolson
- Tea for Two - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?