Sunday 12 November 1911
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Luc Estang [Lucien Bastard] and William Thomas Pennar Davies.
Dr. Gar el Hama I, directed by Eduard Schnedler-Srensen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 November 1911!
Which were the important events of 12 November 1911 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Lieven (Leafwini, Lebuin); Josaphat Kuncevyc
- Also see November 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day, Bah�'u'll�h
- National Holiday: Sun Yat-Sen (observed in China and Taiwan)
- In the Back To The Future film trilogy, November 12, 1955 is a key date. It is the date of the "famous Hill Valley lightning storm" which sends Marty McFly back to 1985 in his DeLorean time machine, and the date Marty gets his parents together. In Back to the Future Part II, Marty and Doc Brown return to this date to stop Biff Tannen from changing history. Doc Brown hyposthesizes that this date might hold some special significance, being the temporal junction point for the entire space-time
- Luc Estang [Lucien Bastard]: French writer (Stigmates).
- William Thomas Pennar Davies: Poet author / Theologian.
- Buck Clayton: American jazz trumpet player who was a leading member of Count Basie’s "Old Testament" orchestra and a leader of mainstream-oriented jam session recordings in the 1950s.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I Want a Girl Just Like the Girl That Married Dear Old Dad - Walter Van Brunt & American Quartet
- Alexander's Ragtime Band - Billy Murray
- The Camptown Races (Gwine to Run All Night) - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in November 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?