Saturday 12 September 1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Sherlock Holmes and the Voice of Terror, directed by John Rawlins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 September 1942!
Which were the important events of 12 September 1942 ?
- Also see September 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maryland (United States) - Defenders Day
- Cape Verde - National Day
- Ethiopia - National Revolution Day (1974)
- RC Saints - Holy Name of Mary
- Dominique Noguez: French writer and film critic.
- Francois Tavenas: Canadian academic (d. 2004).
- Jan De Vleeshouwer: Dutch ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic Capuchin monk.
- Tomás Marco: Spanish composer.
- François Tavenas: Canadian engineer and academic (d. 2004).
- Michel Drucker: French journalist and television host
- Free-Poland and Belgium asks Pope to condemn Nazi-war crimes
- World War II: First day of the Battle of Edson's Ridge during the Guadalcanal campaign. U.S. Marines protecting Henderson Field on Guadalcanal are attacked by Imperial Japanese Army forces.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?