Wednesday 30 September 1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dewey Martin and Sture Pettersson.
The Falcon's Brother, directed by Stanley Logan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1942!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1942 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Dewey Martin: Canada -- Rock vocalist / drummer (Buffalo Springfield).
- Sture Pettersson: Sweden -- Cyclist (1968 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Frankie Lymon in New York City: New York, USA; rocker (Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers - "Why do Fools Fall in Love").
- Alton : Italian cartoonist, noted in his field.
- Frankie Lymon: Singer, dies at 25.
- Gus Dudgeon: British pop producer (Joan Armatrading, David Bowie)
- Hans-Joachim Marseille: German Luftwaffe fighter pilot and flying ace during World War II.
- 98 U-boats sunk this month (485,000 tons)
- SS exterminates 3,500 Jews in Zelov Lodz Poland in 6 week period
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 September 1942
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?