Sunday 27 September 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Falcon's Brother, directed by Stanley Logan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1942!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1942 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- Dith Pran: Cambodian photographer The Killing Fields (Born 1942).
- Alvin Stardust: English singer and actor (d. 2014).
- Baroness Blackstone: .
- Douglas Munro: Only US Coast Guard with WWII-Med of Honor.
- Heavy German assault in Stalingrad
- Reinhard Heydrich, butcher of Prague, appointed SS-General
- St. Louis Cardinals win NL pennant on last day of season
- New York Giants beat Washington Redskins 14-7 without making a first down.
- Last day of the September Matanikau action on Guadalcanal as United States Marine Corps troops barely escape after being surrounded by Japanese forces near the Matanikau River.
- WWII: Both commerce raiding ''hilfskreuzer Stier'' and Liberty ship ''Stephen Hopkins'' sink following a gun battle in the South Atlantic. ''Stier'' is the only commerce raider to be sunk by Defensively Equipped Merchant Ships.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 September 1942 and get them!