Monday 28 September 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Grant "Mudcat" Jackson and Pierre Clementi.
The Falcon's Brother, directed by Stanley Logan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1942!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1942 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Grant "Mudcat" Jackson: Pitcher (1972 New York Yankees, Phillies).
- Pierre Clementi: French actor (d. 1999).
- Grant Jackson: American baseball player, a left-handed pitcher with the Philadelphia Phillies (1965–1970), Baltimore Orioles (1971–1976), New York Yankees (1976), Pittsburgh Pirates (1977–1981), Montreal Expos (1981), Kansas City Royals (1982), and Pittsburgh Pirates (1982).
- Marshall Bell: American actor.
- Pierre Clémenti: French actor director producer and screenwriter (d. 1999).
- Tim Maia: Brazilian singer-songwriter (d. 1998)
- : American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2006)
- Luftwaffe bombs Stalingrad
- New York Americans NHL team folds.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?