Thursday 13 June 1991
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Rush Rush by Paula Abdul.
In UK I Wanna Sex You Up by Color Me Badd was in the top 5 hits.
The Rocketeer, directed by Joe Johnston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1991
while Loves Music, Loves To Dance by Mary Higgins Clark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1991!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1991 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
Famous Birthdays:13 June
- A spectator is killed by lightning at US Open Golf tournament
- The National, 1st all-sports daily newspaper, ceases publication
- NHL owners present contract to players (leads to April 1, 1992 strike).
- A spectator is killed by lightning at the U.S. Open.
- In the Philippines, Mount Pinatubo erupts in the second largest terrestrial eruption of the 20th century the final death toll tops 800.
- End of voting in the Indian general election. The Indian National Congress wins the most seats but fails to secure a majority. On June 21, Congress leader P. V. Narasimha Rao becomes Prime Minister of India
- Apartheid: The South African Parliament repeals the Population Registration Act, which had required racial classification of all South Africans at birth.
- U.S. President Zachary Taylor is exhumed to discover whether or not his death was caused by arsenic poisoning, instead of acute gastrointestinal illness no trace of arsenic is found.
- In Northern Ireland, the four main political parties begins talks on restoring self-government.
- President of Turkey Turgut Özal appoints Mesut Yılmaz as Prime Minister of Turkey, replacing Yıldırım Akbulut, who had resigned.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1991 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paula Abdul - Rush Rush
- Mariah Carey - I Don't Wanna Cry
- Extreme - More Than Words
- Hi-Five - I Like The Way (The Kissing Game)
- EMF - Unbelievable
- Color Me Badd - I Wanna Sex You Up
- Michael Bolton - Love Is A Wonderful Thing
- Luther Vandross - Power Of Love/Love Power
- R.E.M. - Losing My Religion
- Black Box - Strike It Up
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?