Wednesday 14 April 1948
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Paisan, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1948!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1948 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Berry Berenson: American model actress and photographer (d. 2001).
- Anastasios Papaligouras: Greek lawyer and politician Greek Minister of Justice.
- Chester G: Atkins; American politician (Representative-Democrat-Massachusetts).
- Larry Ferguson in Nassau: Bahamas; keyboardist (Hot Chocolate - "You Sexy Thing").
- Ty Grimes: Rocker (Captain Beefheart Band Drums).
- John Shea in North Conway: New Hampshire, USA; actor (Honeymoon, New Life, Lois and Clark).
- New York City subway fares jump from 5 cents to 10 cents
- A flash of light is observed in the crater Plato on the Moon.
- US performs atmospheric nuclear test at Enwetak.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1948 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- You Can't Be True, Dear - Ken Griffin (Organ) (Vocal Jerry Wayne)
- Dick Haymes - Little White Lies
- St. Louis Blues March - Tex Beneke & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?