Saturday 17 April 1948
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Viscount Bridport and Kriss .
Day of Wrath, directed by Carl Theodor Dreyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Barney Blake, Police Reporter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1948!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1948 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Viscount Bridport: .
- Kriss : French radio-host producer, also known as 'Kriss Graffiti' or 'la Kriss,' who died on 19 November 2009, aged 61, at Issy-les-Moulineaux.
- Jan Hammer: Czech pianist composer and producer.
- Alice Harden: American educator and politician (d. 2012).
- Pekka Vasala: Finnish runner.
- Johan P Earl of Limburg Stirum: Diplomat, dies at 75.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Nature Boy - Nat King Cole (Frank DeVol & His Orchestra)
- Toolie Oolie Doolie (Yodel Polka) - Andrews Sisters
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?