Monday 19 April 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Day of Wrath, directed by Carl Theodor Dreyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1948!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1948 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Stuart McLean: Canadian radio host and author.
- Rick Miller: American baseball player and manager.
- Évelyne Dhéliat: French weather presenter, and former announcer and host on ORTF (the national agency charged, between 1964 and 1974, with providing public radio and television in France) and TF1 (a private national French TV channel).
- ABC-TV network begins in the US.
- Chiang Kai-shek elected President of Nationalist China.
- Burma (now Myanmar) joins the United Nations.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Nature Boy - Nat King Cole (Frank DeVol & His Orchestra)
- Toolie Oolie Doolie (Yodel Polka) - Andrews Sisters
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 April 1948 and get them!