Sunday 4 April 1948
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Paisan, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 April 1948!
Which were the important events of 4 April 1948 ?
- Blessed Alice (d. 1105)
- Saint Hildebert of Ghent (died 752)
- Lesotho - Heroes' Day
- Taiwan and Hong Kong - Children's Day
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- World Rat Day
- Saint Isidore of Seville, patron saint of the internauts
- International Day for Landmine Awareness and Assistance
- Gail Davies in Broken Bow: Oklahoma, USA; country singer ("Blue Heartache").
- Berry Oakley in Chicago: Illinois, USA; rocker (Allman Brothers - "Ramblin' Man").
- Luke Halpin in Astoria: New York, USA; actor (Sandy Ricks - Flipper).
- Daniel Garrigue: French politician, a member of the National Assembly of France who represents the Dordogne department, and a member of the Union for a Popular Movement.
- Michael Blassie: American military officer (d. 1972).
- Abdullah Öcalan: Turkish activist
- Berry Oakley: American bass player (The Allman Brothers Band) (d. 1972)
- Werner Roth: Serbian-American soccer player and actor
- Dan Simmons: American author
- Derek Thompson: Northern Irish actor
- Pick Withers: English drummer (Dire Straits and Magna Carta)
- 84-year-old Connie Mack challenges 78-year-old Clark Griffith to a race from home to first base; it ends in a tie.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Baby Face - Art Mooney & His Orchestra
- Sabre Dance Boogie - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?