Friday 14 March 2003
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to In Da Club by 50 Cent.
In UK Beautiful by Christina Aguilera was in the top 5 hits.
Phone Booth, directed by Joel Schumacher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The King of Torts by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2003.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 2003!
Which were the important events of 14 March 2003 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 March
- Jack Goldstein: Canadian-American painter (d. 2003).
- Osiel Cárdenas, suspected leader of a Mexican drug cartel, is arrested in Matamoros, Tamaulipas.
- U.S. Representative James P. Moran, Democrat from Virginia, is forced out of a party leadership post after furor over his remarks that were interpreted as saying that American Jews are responsible for a possible war with Iraq.
- Carlos Ortega, labor union leader and opponent of President Hugo Chávez of Venezuela, is granted political asylum at the Costa Rican Embassy in Caracas. Ortega had eluded arrest for three weeks on charges of treason, civil rebellion and ampquotincitementampquot.
- Norwegian firefighter Robert Sørlie becomes the first non-American, and second non-Alaskan to win the 1,049 mile Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race, which runs from Anchorage to Nome in the U.S. state of Alaska.
- Iraq disarmament crisis: Key documents presented as evidence that the US should invade Iraq are revealed as forgeries. The documents stated that Niger was selling 500 tons of uranium to Iraq. One, dated 2000, was on stationery from the military government of the 1980s and referred to a foreign minister who had not been in power for 14 years another bore a signature of the president of Niger that was an obvious fake. Iraq's supposed acquisition of African uranium was a feature in Colin Powell's
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?