Wednesday 2 November 1960
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Save The Last Dance For Me by The Drifters.
In UK Tell Laura I Love Her by Ricky Valance was in the top 5 hits.
North to Alaska, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1960!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1960 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Andy Borg: Austrian singer and TV personality.
- Adam Lingner: NFL center (Buffalo Bills).
- Bruce Baumgartner: Haledon, New Jersey -- Wrestler (1984, 88, 92, 96 Olympics - Gold / Bronze Medals).
- Robert Harold Lohr: Cincinnati, Ohio -- PGA golfer (1988 Walt Disney).
- Rosalyn Nideffer: Durban, South Africa -- Tennis star (1993 Futures - Midland, Michigan).
- Jean-Luc Reichmann: French radio presenter and TV host, imitator, born to Pierre Reichmann (jewish Czech), former director of "Mammouth" hypermarket based in Toulouse. He began as imitator in "Tne news Puppets" on Canal + after a severe accident (moto) in 1984. Well-known for his show "Les 12 Coups de Midi", broadcast at noon on TF1 private channel, he has started a career of TV actor and comedian on stage (with Corinne Touzet and Véronique Jannot) since 2008.
- George Weiss, at 66, resigns as GM of New York Yankees
- Roger Maris nips Mickey Mantle as AL MVP, 225-222
- Penguin Books is found not guilty of obscenity in the Lady Chatterley's Lover case
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
- Brenda Lee - I Want To Be Wanted (Per Tutta La Vita)
- Connie Francis - My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Sam Cooke - Chain Gang
- Joe Jones - You Talk Too Much
- Bobby Vee - Devil Or Angel
- Bob Luman - Let's Think About Living
- Johnny Tillotson - Poetry In Motion
- Ray Charles - Georgia On My Mind
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?