Monday 15 September 1975
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Fame by David Bowie.
In UK Sailing by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
Dog Day Afternoon, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Ragtime by E. L. Doctorow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1975.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1975!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1975 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Karen Robidoux: American religious fanatic whose eleven-month-old baby, Samuel, died of malnutrition in 4/26/1999, three days before his first birthday.
- Martina Krupickova: Czech artist.
- Tom Dolan: United States -- 400m freestyle / 200m / 400m medley swimmer (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Martina Krupičková: Czech painter.
- Tsutsumi Otomo: Hockey forward (Team Japan 1998).
- Mike Vail extends hitting streak ton rookie-record 23 straight game
- The French departement of Corse (the entire island of Corsica) is divided into two: Haute-Corse and Corse-du-Sud.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- David Bowie - Fame
- Glen Campbell - Rhinestone Cowboy
- Janis Ian - At Seventeen
- John Denver - I'm Sorry
- The Isley Brothers - Fight The Power (Part 1)
- Barry Manilow - Could It Be Magic
- David Geddes - Run Joey Run
- Hamilton, Joe Frank and Reynolds - Fallin' In Love
- Freddy Fender - Wasted Days And Wasted Nights
- Bad Company - Feel Like Makin' Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?