Saturday 15 January 1983
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Loubna Benaissa and Matic Kralj.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Down Under by Men At Work.
In UK You Can't Hurry Love by Phil Collins was in the top 5 hits.
The Year of Living Dangerously, directed by Peter Weir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Return of the Jedi by James Kahn was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frontline.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dolphin or Harrier Attack.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1983.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1983!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1983 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Loubna Benaissa: Belgian homicide victim, age nine.
- Matic Kralj: Slovenian ice hockey player.
- Jermaine Pennant: English footballer.
- Hugo Viana: Portuguese footballer.
- Javed Miandad and Mudassar Nazar make 451 stand versus India.
- Hartford Whalers' smallest crowd 4,812 (beat New Jersey Devils) during blizzard.
- Thom Syles keeps a life saver intact in his mouth for over seven hours.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?