Tuesday 20 January 2009
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Just Dance by Lady GaGa.
Moon, directed by Duncan Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching There Will Be Brawl.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Astro Boy: The Video Game or Aztaka.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 2009!
Which were the important events of 20 January 2009 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 January
- Stephanos II Ghattas: Patriarch Emeritus of Alexandria for the Coptic Catholic Church (Born 1920).
- Stan Hagen: Canadian politician (Born 1940).
- Sheila O'Nions Walsh (aka Sheila Walsh: Sophie Leyton), English romance writer (Born 1928).
- David Newman: American jazz musician, nicknamed ''Fathead'' (Born 1933).
- Barack Hussein Obama is inaugurated as the 44th President of the United States.
- Italian carmaker Fiat and American carmaker Chrysler agree to a global strategic alliance. Fiat will get a 35 percent stake in Chrysler, which will get access to Fiat's fuel-efficient vehicle technologies.
- Israel completes the withdrawal of its Defense Forces from the Gaza Strip. (''The Australian'')
- Kidnappers release Greek shipping magnate Periklis Panagopoulos after a record ransom payment. (AFP via News Limited)
- The United Kingdom's consumer price inflation falls from 4.1% in November 2008 to 3.1% in December 2008. (BBC)
- The Rwandan Defense Forces and Congolese Armed Forces jointly search the Democratic Republic of the Congo for Hutu leaders who participated in the 1994 Rwandan genocide. (''Washington Post'')
- Barack Obama is inaugurated as the 44th and first African-American President of the United States. (BBC)
- Massachusetts Senator Ted Kennedy suffers a seizure and collapses during a private inauguration lunch. (ABC News Australia)
- Russia resumes transmitting natural gas to Europe via Ukraine. (Sky News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in January 2009?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?