Thursday 15 July 1909
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Man in the Moon, directed by tienne Arnaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1909.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1909!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1909 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Jean Ferrandon: Bernay Military man.
- Bernard Fievet: Versailles EXecutives.
- Jean Hamburger: French doctor of nephrology and President of the Academy of Science.
- Enid Kathleen Hutchinson: Adult educationalist.
- Isabel Jewell: Shoshone, Wyoming -- Actress (Ceiling Zero, Arousers).
- Georges Verriest: French soccer player. He played for RC Roubaix, and earned 14 caps for the France national football team, and scored a goal in the 1934 FIFA World Cup. He died on 11 July 1985.
- Ty Cobb hits 2 inside-the-park HRs
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?