Monday 19 July 1909
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Man in the Moon, directed by tienne Arnaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1909.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1909!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1909 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Balamani Amma: Indian poet and author (d. 2004).
- Lucien Lautrec: France Painter.
- Pierre Alleene: French champion weightlifter.
- Jeno Vecsey: Composer.
- Cleveland shortstop Neal Ball executes an unassisted triple play
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Beautiful Eyes - Ada Jones
- Yip-I-Addy-I-Aye - Blanche Ring
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?