Sunday 15 May 1983
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Germain Chardin .
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Beat It by Michael Jackson.
In UK True by Spandau Ballet was in the top 5 hits.
Blue Thunder, directed by John Badham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Little Drummer Girl by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tiefe Wasser.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Coveted Mirror or Killer Kong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1983!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1983 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Germain Chardin: French rower, he won the Bronze in the 2008 Olympics and the Silver in the 2012 Olympics.
- Madison Hotel (Boston, Massachusetts) destroyed by implosion.
- Lenore Muraoka wins LPGA United Virginia Bank Golf Classic.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 May 1983
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - Beat It
- David Bowie - Let's Dance
- Greg Kihn Band - Jeopardy
- Men At Work - Overkill
- Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science
- Dexys Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- Prince - Little Red Corvette
- Laura Branigan - Solitaire
- After The Fire - Der Kommissar
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?