Wednesday 15 September 1915
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Helmut Schoen and John Conte.
The Call of the Dance, directed by George L. Sargent, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1915!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1915 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Helmut Schoen: Football coach.
- John Conte: Plamer, Massachusetts -- Actor (Mantovani).
- Ismail Yasin: Egyptian comedian and actor (d. 1972).
- Jose Nicomedes Grossi: Brazilian bishop (d. 2009).
- Bruno Arcari: Italy sport Champion.
- Fawn Brodie: American historian and author (d. 1981)
- Al Casey: American guitarist and composer (d. 2005)
- Albert Whitlock: English-American special effects designer (d. 1999)
- Ismail Yassine: Egyptian actor (d. 1972)
- Ernest Gagnon: Canadian folklorist, composer and organist (Born 1834).
- Boston Braves beat Saint Louis Cardinals 20-1.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 September 1915
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1915 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- When I Leave the World Behind - Sam Ash
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?