Tuesday 15 September 1914
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jens Otto Krag and Adolfo Bioy Casares.
The Virginian, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1914!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1914 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Jens Otto Krag: Premier of Denmark (1962-68, 71-72).
- Adolfo Bioy Casares: Argentine writer (d. 1999).
- Adolfo Casares: Argentine fiction writer, journalist, and translator.
- Will Quadflieg: German actor and director in stage and film productions.
- Roger Bontemps: France Actor.
- Lucien Mora: Bordeaux Musician
- Fran?ois R0Bert: St-Avold physician
- de Roquemaurel: Villetoureix EXecutives
- Creighton Abrams: United States -- Army General (Vietnam War)
- Orhan Kemal: Turkish author (d. 1970)
- Robert McCloskey: American children's book writer and illustrator (Born 1915)
- Jacobus Herculas de la Rey [Uncle Chose]: Boer General, dies at 66.
- US Marines march out of Vera Cruz, Mexico
- Battle of Aisne begins between Germans and French during WW I.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The 20th Century Rag - Billy Murray
- Love's Own Sweet Song - Charles Harrison & Grace Kerns
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?