Wednesday 16 April 1941
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Devil and Miss Jones, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1941!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1941 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Allan Segal: American director and producer (d. 2012).
- Cliff Stearns: American politician (Representative-Republican-Florida).
- Josiah Charles Stamp: first baron/statisician, dies.
- Little Theater at Adelphi Strand closes.
- Bob Feller of the Cleveland Indians throws the only Opening Day no-hitter in the history of Major League Baseball, beating the Chicago White Sox 1-0.
- World War II: The Italian convoy Duisburg, directed to Tunisia, is attacked and destroyed by British ships.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?