Friday 16 March 1928
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ramon Barce and Christa Ludwig in Berlin.
The Trail of '98, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1928!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1928 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Ramon Barce: Composer.
- Christa Ludwig in Berlin: Germany; soprano (Vienna State Opera).
- Wakanohana Kanji I: Japanese sumo wrestler, the 45th Yokozuna (d. 2010).
- Karl Boehm: German actor and noted family member, the son of conductor Karl Boehm.
- Karlheinz Bohm: Austrian actor.
- Karlheinz Böhm: German-Austrian actor (d. 2014)
- Wakanohana Kanji: Japanese sumo wrestler the 45th Yokozuna (d. 2010)
- Christa Ludwig: German soprano and actress
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 March 1928
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?