Friday 16 March 1928
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Trail of '98, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1928!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1928 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Wakanohana Kanji I: Japanese sumo wrestler, the 45th Yokozuna (d. 2010).
- Karlheinz Bohm: Austrian actor.
- Ramon Barce: Composer.
- Karlheinz Böhm: German-Austrian actor (d. 2014).
- Wakanohana Kanji: Japanese sumo wrestler the 45th Yokozuna (d. 2010).
- Christa Ludwig: German soprano and actress
- Christa Ludwig in Berlin: Germany; soprano (Vienna State Opera).
- Karl Boehm: German actor and noted family member, the son of conductor Karl Boehm.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?