Monday 8 September 1980
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Upside Down by Diana Ross.
In UK Feels Like I'm In Love by Kelly Marie was in the top 5 hits.
Smokey and the Bandit II, directed by Hal Needham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Rage Of Angels by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1980!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1980 ?
- Teruyuki Moniwa: Japanese footballer.
- Mbulaeni Mulaudzi: South African runner (d. 2014).
- Slim Thug: American rapper.
- Jean Piaget: Swiss psychologist, educator and author, known for his studies of children's learning patterns.
- Bowie Kuhn suspends Ferguson Jenkins indefinitely due to drug arrest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Upside Down
- Air Supply - All Out Of Love
- The Rolling Stones - Emotional Rescue
- Irene Cara - Fame
- Christopher Cross - Sailing
- George Benson - Give Me The Night
- Paul Simon - Late In The Evening
- Johnny Lee - Lookin' For Love
- Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
- Eddie Rabbitt - Drivin' My Life Away
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?