Tuesday 17 August 1948
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bo Rucker and Alain Bougrain-Dubourg.
Mr. Peabody and the Mermaid, directed by Irving Pichel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Lucky Pup.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1948!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1948 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Bo Rucker: Tampa, Florida -- Actor (Superman, Soup for One, Lock Up).
- Alain Bougrain-Dubourg: French activist for animal rights.
- Alexander Ivashkin: Russian-English cellist and conductor (d. 2014).
- Rod MacDonald: American singer-songwriter.
- Nico J Polak: Dutch economist, dies at 60.
- Tom Henrich hits his then record tying 4th grand slam of season
- Alger Hiss denies ever being a Communist agent.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Underneath the Arches - Primo Scala & His Banjo & Accordion Orchestra with The Keynotes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?