Monday 17 August 1936
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ivan Parik and Floyd Red Crow Westerman.
Romeo and Juliet, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1936!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1936 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Ivan Parik: Composer.
- Floyd Red Crow Westerman: Native American musician and actor (d. 2007).
- Seamus Mallon: Irish educator and politician Deputy First Minister of Northern Ireland.
- Floyd Westerman: American actor singer and activist (d. 2007).
- Pierre-Octave Ferroud: French Composer (Surgery & Foules), dies at 36.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?