Thursday 17 December 1903
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1903!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1903 ?
- Ray Noble: English bandleader composer and actor (d. 1978).
- Erskine Caldwell: American best-selling writer known for his two most successful novels, "Tobacco Road," 1932 and "God's Little Acre," 1933.
- At 10:35 AM, the first sustained, controlled, powered aircraft flight is made by Orville Wright in 12hp Flyer I at Kill Devil Hills, Kittyhawk, North Carolina. The flight lasts 12 seconds.
- The Wright Brothers make their first powered and heavier-than-air flight in the Wright Flyer at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1903 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- When Kate and I Were Comin' Thro' the Rye - Harry Macdonough
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1903?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 December 1903 and get them!