Tuesday 17 May 1983
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Matthew Christian and Channing Frye.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Let's Dance by David Bowie.
In UK True by Spandau Ballet was in the top 5 hits.
Blue Thunder, directed by John Badham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Little Drummer Girl by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tiefe Wasser.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Sinistar or Championship Lode Runner.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1983.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1983!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1983 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Matthew Christian: American world-class swimmer and record-holder who was born without hands or feet.
- Channing Frye: American basketball player.
- Chris Henry: American football player (Born 1983).
- Nicky Hofs: Dutch footballer.
- Jeremy Sowers: American baseball player.
- DJ Yonny: American DJ and producer
- Israel and Lebanon sign a peace treaty
- Lebanon, Israel, and the United States sign an agreement on Israeli withdrawal from Lebanon.
- Stanley Cup: New York Islanders sweep Edmonton Oilers in four games.
- The U.S. Department of Energy declassifies documents showing world's largest mercury pollution event in Oak Ridge, Tennessee (ultimately found to be 4.2 million pounds), in response to the Appalachian Observer's Freedom of Information Act request.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- David Bowie - Let's Dance
- Michael Jackson - Beat It
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- Men At Work - Overkill
- Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science
- Prince - Little Red Corvette
- Laura Branigan - Solitaire
- Greg Kihn Band - Jeopardy
- Lionel Richie - My Love
- Culture Club - Time (Clock Of The Heart)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?