Sunday 17 October 1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Lassie Come Home, directed by Fred M. Wilcox, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1943!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1943 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Susan Davenny Wyner in New Haven: Connecticut, USA; soprano (Walter Naumberg Prize).
- Stefan Starzynski: Polish politician (Born 1893).
- Liberators sink U-540 and U-631
- Burma Railway (Burma-Thailand Railway) is completed.
- WWII: The last commerce raider ''hilfskreuzer Michel'', was sunk off Japan by United States submarine ''Tarpon''.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 October 1943 and get them!