Friday 8 October 1943
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Lassie Come Home, directed by Fred M. Wilcox, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1943!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1943 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- R Stine: American author screenwriter and producer.
- Chevy Chase in New York City: New York, USA; comedian/actor (Saturday Night Live, Vacation, Fletch, Caddyshack).
- R L Stine: American author.
- Paul Van Himst: Belgium sport Champion.
- Chevy Chase: American comedian and actor who began as a writer.
- RL Stine: Young Adult Author
- James Edward Sellars: Composer
- Jean-Paul Bertrand: French publisher, who published several works of Jean Cocteau and texts on spirituality and esotericism before supporting the works of controversial writers, including Marc-Édouard Nabe and Michel Houellebecq.
- Great-Britain establishes bases on Azores
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?