Monday 4 October 1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bonnie Bryant and H Rap Brown.
Lassie Come Home, directed by Fred M. Wilcox, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1943!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1943 ?
- Bonnie Bryant: LPGA golfer.
- H Rap Brown: American civil rights activist.
- Buddy Roemer: American politician (Governor-Democrat-Louisiana).
- Owen Keir: Davidson in Australia; four time Wimbledon mix double champ.
- Dietmar Murdter: German footballer.
- Florian Pittis: Romanian artist (d. 2007)
- Jean-Cyril Spinetta: French businessman, currently chairman and CEO of the airline holding company Air France-KLM Group and chairman of the nuclear company AREVA.
- H Brown: American activist
- Karl-Gustav Kaisla: Finnish ice hockey player and referee (d. 2012)
- Dietmar Mürdter: German footballer
- Florian Pittiș: Romanian actor singer director and producer (d. 2007)
- Jimy Williams: American baseball player and manager
- Corsica freed by Free French
- German occupiers forbid flying of kites (6 month jail sentence)
- World War II: U.S. captures Solomon Islands.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?