Sunday 31 October 1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The North Star, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 1943!
Which were the important events of 31 October 1943 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
- Daniel Costantini: French handball player and coach, who in August 2010 was voted best handball coach of all time according to the International Handball Federation (IHF).
- Elliott Forbes-Robinson: American race car driver.
- Paul Frampton: English-American physicist and academic.
- Aristotelis Pavlidis: Greek politician 13th Greek Minister for the Aegean and Island Policy.
- Brian Piccolo: American football player (Born 1943).
- François D'Aubert: French politician, by profession an auditor at the Cour des Comptes. From 2002, he was minister delegate to research in Jean-Pierre Raffarin's government.
- Salvatore Adamo: Italian singer, popular.
- Stephen Rea: Actor (Crying Game, Michael Collins)
- Jean-Charles Fauque: French writer, an author of detective fiction and children's and juvenile literature.
- Max Reinhardt: Austrian theatrical producer of plays in Berlin, London and the U.S.
- The F4U Corsair accomplishes the first successful radar-guided interception.
- Washington Redskins' Sammy Baugh passes for six touchdowns versus Brooklyn (48-10).
- World War II: An F4U Corsair accomplishes the first successful radar-guided interception.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1943 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Oh, What A Beautiful Morning - Bing Crosby & Trudy Erwin
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?