Wednesday 17 October 1979
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Rise by Herb Alpert.
In UK Video Killed The Radio Star by The Buggles was in the top 5 hits.
...And Justice for All., directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Dead Zone by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1979!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1979 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Kimi Raikkonen: Finnish race car driver.
- Marcela Bovio: Mexican singer-songwriter and violinist (Stream of Passion and Elfonía).
- Alexandros Nikolaidis: Greek martial artist.
- Koichiro Nishi: Japanese actor.
- Kimi Räikkönen: Finnish race car driver.
- Kostas Tsartsaris: Greek basketball player
- Beatlemania closes at Winter Garden Theater NYC after 920 performances
- President Carter signs legislation creating Department of Education
- D Bautista of Mexico completes 20,000-metre walk in record 1:20:06.8.
- Pittsburgh Pirates beat Baltimore Orioles, 4 games to 3 in 76th World Series.
- Personal Software releases VisiCalc for the Apple II, for US$99.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?