Saturday 13 October 1979
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Don't Stop Til You Get Enough by Michael Jackson.
In UK Video Killed The Radio Star by The Buggles was in the top 5 hits.
...And Justice for All., directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Jailbird by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1979!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1979 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Ryan Clark: Football Player.
- Shawn Milke: Rock Singer.
- Wes Brown: English footballer.
- Mamadou Niang: Senegalese footballer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
- Herb Alpert - Rise
- Robert John - Sad Eyes
- Commodores - Sail On
- The Knack - My Sharona
- Dionne Warwick - I'll Never Love This Way Again
- M - Pop Muzik
- Donna Summer - Dim All The Lights
- Little River Band - Lonesome Loser
- Earth, Wind and Fire - After The Love Has Gone
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?