Friday 5 October 1979
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jaime Chambers and Michalis Hatzigiannis.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Sad Eyes by Robert John.
In UK Message In A Bottle by The Police was in the top 5 hits.
When a Stranger Calls, directed by Fred Walton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Last Enchantment by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Rose of Versailles.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Monkey Magic or Warrior.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 1979!
Which were the important events of 5 October 1979 ?
- Jaime Chambers: American television reporter.
- Michalis Hatzigiannis: Greek-Cypriot singer-songwriter.
- Vincenzo Grella: Australian footballer.
- Vince Grella: Australian footballer.
- Ximena Herrera: Bolivian-Mexican actress.
- Joe Lipari: American comedian radio host and producer
- Curtis Sanford: Canadian ice hockey player
- Gao Yuanyuan: Chinese actress
- Charlie Smith: Oldest American (137 year).
- Luke rapes Laura on General Hospital
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Robert John - Sad Eyes
- Michael Jackson - Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
- Herb Alpert - Rise
- The Knack - My Sharona
- Commodores - Sail On
- Little River Band - Lonesome Loser
- Dionne Warwick - I'll Never Love This Way Again
- M - Pop Muzik
- Earth, Wind and Fire - After The Love Has Gone
- Donna Summer - Dim All The Lights
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?