Tuesday 17 September 1907
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
El grito de Dolores o La independencia de México, directed by Felipe de Jesús Haro, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1907!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1907 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Warren Burger: American lawyer and judge 15th Chief Justice of the United States (d. 1995).
- Desmond Heap: Authority on British planning law.
- Helen Vinson: Texas, United States -- Actress (Transatlantic Tunnel, In Name Only).
- Warren E Burger: Minnesota, United States -- Supreme Court Chief Justice (1969-86).
- Ignaz Brull: Austrian pianist (Born 1846).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1907 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Harrigan - Billy Murray
- Waiting at the Church (My Wife Won't Let Me) - Vesta Victoria
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1907?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 September 1907 and get them!