Saturday 14 September 1907
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
El grito de Dolores o La independencia de México, directed by Felipe de Jesús Haro, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1907.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1907!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1907 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1907 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Harrigan - Billy Murray
- Waiting at the Church (My Wife Won't Let Me) - Vesta Victoria
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1907?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?