Sunday 18 August 1935
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Broadway Melody of 1936, directed by Roy Del Ruth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1935!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1935 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Charles Wilson: Scottish publisher, a former editor of The Times who became the Director of News International in 1990.
- Gail Fisher: American actress (Born 1935).
- Howard Morrison: New Zealand singer (Howard Morrison Quartet) (d. 2009).
- Hifikepunye Pohamba: Namibian lawyer and politician 2nd President of Namibia.
- Rafer Johnson: American decathlon champion who won a Gold Medal at the Pan American games and a Silver Medal at the Olympics in 1956 and a Gold Medal at the Olympics in 1960.
- Gail Fisher in Orange: New Jersey, USA; actress (Peggy - Mannix).
- Lajos Papp: Composer
- Irene Beardsley: American adventurer. In a history-making all-women expedition of ten mountain climbers, Beardsley and Vera Komarkova were the only pair able to scale successfully the 26,502 feet of the great Himalayan mountain, Annapurna, in Nepal. Frostbite and other problems took a toll on the remainder of the group. They estimated that they reached the top of Annapurna about 2:00 to 3:00 PM on 10/15/1978 (28 N.34, 83 E.50). The team had devoted a year and a half in careful preparation for this great adventur
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 August 1935 and get them!