Wednesday 18 September 1935
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Return of Peter Grimm, directed by George Nichols Jr., was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 18 September 1935 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
The Return of Peter Grimm
Which were the important events of 18 September 1935 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
See other famous people born on 18 September
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Subscribe to our Newsletter
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1935?
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Dr. Alexis Carrel -- Sep. 16, 1935
- Science: Science vol. 82 issue 2124
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Governor Clyde L. Herring -- Sep. 9, 1935
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Green Light, 1935 novel by Lloyd Douglas. Hardcover with dust jacket, 326 pages, published by Grosset & Dunlap.
A novel that takes place in the Valley of Virginia, tracing the experience of a family with four generations of strong women.
The second novel by the great American novelist now the subject of a major new film Genius starring Jude Law Colin Firth Dominic West and Nicole Kidman It is 1920 and Eugene Gant leaves the American South for Harvard New ...
STATED FIRST PRINTING. March 1971 Signet(NAL) mass market paperback, Rachel Field (And Now Tomorrow). After the death of her father, ten year old Kate Fernald and her mother head to the coast of Maine where mom has a job as ...
Tell the world why 18 September 1935 is such a special date for you!