Tuesday 3 September 1935
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Otto Ketting and Eileen Brennan in Los Angeles.
Top Hat, directed by Mark Sandrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1935!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1935 ?
- Otto Ketting: Trumpeter / composer (Passacaglia).
- Eileen Brennan in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Laugh-In, Private Benjamin).
- Helmut Clasen: German-Canadian motorcycle racer.
- 1st automobile to exceed 300 mph, Sir Malcolm Campbell (301.337 mph)
- Andrew Varipapa sets bowling record of 2,652 points in ten games.
- Sir Malcolm Campbell reaches a speed of 304.331 miles per hour on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah, becoming the first person to drive an automobile over 300 mph
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?