Thursday 19 September 1935
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Esmond Bulmer and Nick Massi.
The Return of Peter Grimm, directed by George Nichols Jr., was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1935!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1935 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Esmond Bulmer: English cider brewer / Conservative Lower house leader.
- Nick Massi: Newark, New Jersey -- Rocker (4 Seasons-Sherry).
- Robert Kruger: (Sen-D Texas).
- Thomas W Ewing: (Rep-R-Illinois).
- Encarna Sanchez: An influential Spanish talk radio host and current events commentator.
- Benjamin Hacker: American naval aviator (d. 2003)
- Jules M Cambron: French Governor-General to Algeria / ambassador.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 September 1935
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?