Thursday 19 December 2002
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Lose Yourself by Eminem.
In UK Cheeky Song (Touch My Bum) by Cheeky Girls was in the top 5 hits.
25th Hour, directed by Spike Lee, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while Prey by Michael Crichton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2002.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 2002!
Which were the important events of 19 December 2002 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 December
- Arthur Rowley: English footballer cricketer and manager (d. 2002).
- U.S. plan to invade Iraq: After reviewing a 12,000 page Iraqi weapons declaration document, U.S. officials state that Iraq has failed to account for all its chemical and biological agents and that Iraq is in material breach of a United Nations Security Council resolution.
- Hundreds of Middle Eastern immigrants in Southern California who came to INS officials to register, as per new regulations, are arrested and imprisoned for various INS violations, many of them due to official delays in processing necessary forms. Critics compared the action to the Japanese internment in the same region during World WarnbspII. Others claimed that the people are in violation of United States immigration law, and the arrests are valid.
- Pope John Paul II will approve the miracle needed to beatify Mother Teresa, whose dedication to the destitute earned her a special place in the pontiff's heart. A second miracle then will be needed to declare Mother Teresa a saint.
- AOL Time Warner announces that they have been issued a patent for instant messaging. AOL says that they have no plans to enforce the patent, but it could cause problems for the purveyors of other instant messaging systems, in particular Microsoft and Yahoo!.
- Rebels in the Côte d'Ivoire seize the key western city of Man from government forces.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?