Saturday 19 July 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mike Dutfield and Gerard Schwarz in Weehawken.
Possessed, directed by Curtis Bernhardt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Musical Merry-Go-Round.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1947!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1947 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Mike Dutfield: Documentary prodcuer.
- Gerard Schwarz in Weehawken: New Jersey, USA; trumpeter/conductor (Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra).
- Hans-Jurgen Kreische: East German footballer.
- André Forcier: Canadian film director and screenwriter whose work has been linked to Latin American magic realism by its use of fantasy but is firmly rooted in Quebec's reality.
- Pirkko-Liisa Tikka: Finnish opera singer, soprano.
- Brian May: London, England -- Rock guitarist (Queen-We are the Champions)
- Hans-Jürgen Kreische: German footballer and manager
- Bernie Leadon: American guitarist and songwriter (The Eagles The Flying Burrito Brothers Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Run C&W and Hearts & Flowers)
- The Prime Minister of the shadow Burmese government, Bogyoke Aung San and 6 of his cabinet and 2 non-cabinet members are assassinated by Galon U Saw.
- Korean politician Yuh Woon-Hyung is assassinated.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?