Tuesday 15 July 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Crossfire, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1947!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1947 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Michel Diefenbacher: French politician, a member of the National Assembly of France.
- Peter Hamel: German composer.
- Peter Banks: English guitarist and songwriter (Yes The Syn and Flash) (d. 2013).
- Lydia Davis: American author translator and academic.
- Pridiyathorn Devakula: Thai economist and politician Thai Minister of Finance.
- Roky Erickson: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The 13th Floor Elevators)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?