Thursday 17 July 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer, directed by Irving Reis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1947!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1947 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Joyce Anelay: Baroness Anelay of St John's English educator and politician.
- Robert Begerau: German footballer and manager.
- Camilla : Duchess of Cornwall.
- Wolfgang Flür: German drummer (Kraftwerk and Dyko).
- Camilla Bowles: Royalty.
- Wolfgang Flur: German musician (Kraftwerk)
- Duchess of Cornwall Camilla: British news figure as the mistress of Prince Charles, heir to the throne of Great Britain. Known to her friends as Millie, she is the daughter of a well-to-do wine merchant and avid hunter and a mother who is the daughter of the third Lord Ashcombe. She spent her childhood in Sussex, before being packed off to a grim boarding school called Dumbrells. At ten, she began her lady's education at Queen's Gate, a decorous London secondary school known for producing diplomat's wives.
- Raoul Wallenberg: Swedish businessman and diplomat from a wealthy family who effectively pulled off the rescue of more than 12,000 Hungarian Jews as WW II was drawing to a close.
- The Indian passenger ship ''Ramdas'' is capsized by a cyclone at Mumbai, India, with 625 people killed.
- Following wide media and UNSCOP coverage, ''The Exodus'' is captured by British troops and refused entry into Palestine at the port of Haifa.
- President Harry S. Truman signs the Presidential Succession Act into law, which places the Speaker of the House and the President Pro Tempore of the Senate next in the line of succession after the Vice President.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?