Friday 20 July 1973
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Haakon and Omar Epps.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Bad, Bad Leroy Brown by Jim Croce.
In UK Welcome Home by Peters & Lee was in the top 5 hits.
40 Carats, directed by Milton Katselas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Breakfast Of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Match Game 73.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gotcha or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1973!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1973 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Haakon : Norwegian royalty, the son of King Harald V and Crown Prince of Norway.
- Omar Epps: American actor.
- Peter Forsberg: Ornskoldsvik, Sweden -- NHL center (Colorado Avalanche).
- Nixon McLean: West Indian cricketer.
- Debashish Mohanty: Indian cricketer and coach.
- Roberto Orci: Mexican-American screenwriter and producer
- Claudio Reyna: American soccer player
- Mads Rieper: Danish footballer and manager
- Jack Brisco beats Harley Race in Houston, to become NWA champ
- Palestianian terrorists hijack a Japan Airlines jet en route from Amsterdam to Japan and force it down in Dubai.
- The US Senate passes the War Powers Act.
- First coast-to-coast black-owned and operated radio network: The National Black Network (NBN) begins operations.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 July 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- Carpenters - Yesterday Once More
- Three Dog Night - Shambala
- Paul Simon - Kodachrome
- George Harrison - Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)
- Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water
- Bette Midler - Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy
- Clint Holmes - Playground In My Mind
- Bloodstone - Natural High
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?